Peripheries and Satellites. Since the launching of the Large Hadron Collider and the NASA LCROSS mission to find water on the moon. The advents of science along with the movie Failure to Launch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427229/synopsis have propelled me to launch into yet another frontier, blogs. It took me a while and wether I like to admit it or not I think it has in large part to do with being anal and retentive.
What about satellites? There's that song by Lou Reed but there's also Basel, Art Basel. The story is becoming very familiar to me, the one about cartography and how the map precedes the geography or is it the other way around. A few examples, The making of Modern Iraq, Baudrilliard's writings on Simulation and Basel. My affinity here lies in the art of Conceptual artists from the 70's mapping actions such as strolls or walks and creating aphorisms and calligrams on paper.
If Art Basel had a a nucleus where would it be? I still have'nt picked up a map for orientation.
Last week I recieved a link via email to submitt a piece for art Basel. So I went on the link and the procedure was idiot proof. Fill out an application with Jpegs and description of work, etc. and not to mention a $10 application fee. oh boy now I can whistle a toon and march behind Snow white's seventh dwarf . Now I understand " Basel can be in my own backyard" and I can stop drop and roll like a swine in my own creations.
I knew Art Fairs could learn a thing or two from the Taliban , nominally that one can be a terrorist and not have to reside in the Afhganistan. I didn't realize the potential of terrorist tactics and its transference to art fairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment